Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Day After

On this the day after, she hesitates to formally concede, thinking that somehow there is leverage in the delay.

There is none.

Those that have supported her on the issues will wind up supporting Obama, simply because their mutual stances on so many topics are so closely aligned.

Those that supported her just because she is a woman (couldn’t that be called sexism?) will not find any comfort in the likes of John McCann – a guy who could very well appoint Supreme Court justices that will erode some, if not many, of the rights that have been gotten as they relate to women’s issues. Staying home in November will accomplish the same for McCann.

If Obama had lost and delayed like this in conceding, and for him to think that I, a supporter, was a bargaining chip of some sort for him to use while he pouted and contrived to improve his own person position, he’d been sadly mistaken. I do not blindly follow nor do I willingly cede my vote for anyone else’s view without my consent.

Does Hillary think her 18 million are any different – if so than maybe they need to reconsider their allegiance.

I won races and lost a close race (7 votes the other way and I would have an unbeaten record of 4-0). Losing sucks, especially close ones. I went through 1 recount – to settle my mind that an 8 wasn’t seen as a 3 or a 7 taken as a 1.

This is the first time Hillary has lost a race with her name on the ballot. As they say, the first cut is the deepest. I’d give her 72 hours to talk and concede and then gracefully move on with or without it.

He’s been bending over backwards to give her the room to sort things out, but that, like the primary campaign needs to end.

No comments: