Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hillary: An Amazing Speech

I listened to the formal concession speech today that many thought was going to be given this past Tuesday night when it became fact that Obama was going to be the Democratic Party’s nominee.

Hillary undid whatever damage the Tuesday night “rant”, as some were calling it, with this heartfelt, dignified exit, that when done, left a sweeter taste in the mouths of all who had been disappointed with the previous effort.

I do believe she will work to get him elected in November, I do believe that she has been able to provide a path to all of those who put 18 million cracks into the last and highest of glass ceilings.

She has my respect and admiration for what (and how) she delivered today – both herself and her supporters to help unify the party.

We’ll see her again, I feel and I think she will be met with a much better reception after today’s speech.

No comments: